beef chuck pectoral steak recipe

My mother actually cooked both of your recipes but she also added celery, quartered onion, and mushroom soup. Eugene Samuel Monaco from Lakewood New York on January 27, 2015: Phyllis, I agree with you, chuck steak is a delicious cut of meat, your recipe sure sounds wonderful. Highly recommended. Drain and chop tomatoes—save the juice and set aside. Total Carbohydrate I had recently moved into my own place, a darling two bedroom duplex, which was perfect for just the two of us. Dear Phyllis, Thank you for a lovely dish. Transfer steaks with … Wikipedia Creative Commons - Leif K-Brooks. I remember hoping that one of us children would be asked to offer the blessing on the food so we could dig in quicker. I already had most of the ingredients at home. Popular for its balance of meat and fat, the chuck offers ribs, roasts and steaks and suits a range of cooking methods. Mom's pot roast supper was excellent and I still make it once in a while. We all loved it. My Dad grew all our vegetables and fruits, plus we had eggs every day from our laying hens, chicken from the fryers, and a side each once a year of beef and pork Dad kept in a rented locker. This is a really great supper for chilly winter evenings. Serve with warm dinner rolls or garlic bread to soak up the juices. I always enjoy your posts. Phyllis Doyle Burns (author) from High desert of Nevada. on August 07, 2017: Hi Bill. Cooking chuck roast or chuck steak with tomatoes or tomato sauce really tenderizes the meat a lot. After moving back to the Pacific Northwest from California, we stayed with one of my brothers and his wife till I had found a job and was able to support my daughter and myself. Didn't have any mushrooms but had lots of home-grown squash & zucchini, so substituted zucchini for the mushrooms & it came out really good! Great idea. About 30 minutes before the meat was done, Mom added sliced carrots to the broth. Smells fabulous ! Here’s a great basic chuck steak recipe: Chuckwagon Steak. on August 24, 2014: You are most welcome, Felicia. This piece of meat runs the risk of being chewy and tough, but Joule transforms it into a tender steak that explodes with flavor. She added water to about an inch from the top of the meat and kept it at that level throughout the cooking process. Place the steak in the center of the foil and sprinkle with onion soup mix. I rarely eat red meat, however the way you describe preparing this type of chuck steak, I may just give it a try. My German immigrant parents raised and grew everything that went on the dinner table. I like to use a slow cooker to make this meal. Trying recipe tonight all you said was drain and chop tomatoes and save the juice which you pour over everything later but what did you do with the tomatoes??? 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice. Thanks for the recipe. Place margarine in center of foil and spread around. So glad you like my recipes. Common Names: Description: After the brisket is removed from the chuck, a small piece of the pectoral muscle, which is the primary muscle that constitutes the brisket flat, is left on the chuck. Good to hear from you. I love the way this recipe sounds and will be sure to try it soon. Burns from steam can be very painful. My brother's birthday was coming up and I wanted to do something special for him, though I had little money. For a barbecue version, add barbecue sauce to the … on June 20, 2017: Fantastic, Susanne.Thanks for reading and trying the recipe. My family loves it and it is so easy. It is always good to see your pic and read your words. Mary Craig from New York on January 27, 2015: I'm embarrassed to admit I've never cooked a chuck steak! Thanks for the recipe. 54 % 24g Protein. Cooking time, of course, will be a little longer. Log Food. Beef chuck pectoral steak. I have never tried it that way. Native Americans called them the Three Sisters because they supported each other. This sounds like a winner. DebCrawford from Memphis, TN on November 12, 2010: Sounds yummy. Fold the foil over and seal tightly so no steam will escape. The string beans had the corn stalks to grow on and the squash had large leaves to protect the roots and conserve moisture in the soil. My mother used this cut to make her delicious pot roast. The point muscle is smaller and roughly triangular, tapering to a flat edge. This recipe will serve four to six people, depending on how hungry they are. I asked him to pick out the best six and largest steaks for me. Phyllis Doyle Burns (author) from High desert of Nevada. Daddy was a baker so we always had fresh rye bread to sop up the gravy with. A rich, creamy beef stroganoff. Other Popular Results; Steak. This recipe uses a roux to create a beef gravy that is then thickened with sour cream AND cream cheese. Over direct heat but elevated some over the coals. I prepped night before and put in oven for 30 mins extra when I left to get kids after school and their stuff. Saute onions and peppers (and mushrooms, if using) about 3 minutes. What are industry IDs American food retailers and foodservice operators use standardized systems to eliminate confusion about the names of cuts of meat. can be super sped up if you have a cast iron pot with lid. Could you give us a link? Add some bite size pieces of portobello mushrooms. Thanks for reading and commenting. Carne. To begin, add a simple marinade of olive oil, garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper to a Ziploc bag with your steak and allow it to marinade for 2-3 hours. I hate tough steak, so thanks for the tips. 2 – 2 1/2 pounds boneless beef chuck steak, 1 1/2 – 2″ thick; 2 teaspoons meat tenderizer; 1 cup olive oil; 1/4 cup cider vinegar; 2/3 cup lime juice; Sprinkle half the tenderizer evenly over one side of the chuck… Made up of multiple muscles, chuck is a well used area so contains a great deal of connective tissue. It is the tomatoes and liquids that are most important. I thought about just having potato salad and barbecued burgers or hot dogs, so, went shopping with that in mind. I have found the best way ever to make the steak so tender and tasty that everyone will praise you as the best cook around. that way your cooking while your preparing your vegetables and sauce. Peggy Woods from Houston, Texas on September 27, 2017: This sounds like an excellent recipe and one that could be easily tweaked to suit individual tastes. Those are such special memories of great family meals that I have tried to carry forward with my children and grandchildren. I saw that the chuck steaks were on sale and it was a good price. on September 28, 2017: Hi Peggy. My first attempt with this recipe produced a surprisingly amazing and delicious result. Thanks for reading and commenting, Rick. Although chuck steak is notoriously tough, it is a reasonably priced protein source that many consider more flavorful than the leaner cuts of beef. Like so many I was afraid of its texture and put off by all the fat. We rarely used anything from a store. IMPS (Institutional Meat Purchase Specifications) and NAMP (North American Meat Processors) numbers, which are the same, typically are used by foodservice operators (including restaurants) when purchasing wholesale beef from meat processors. It is so good. Remove beef to a serving platter and keep warm. Phyllis loves to share recipes from her 'Down Home Recipes Box', which has recipes handed down from three or more generations ago. Every time I make this meal, there are no leftovers. This is from the shoulder chuck, good for stew, cube steak, and sliced thin for teriyaki beef strips, also good for lean ground chuck and marinated bnls. Use the marinade as your barbecue sauce. 0 %--Carbs. Chuck is the most commonly used cut of beef in burger blends. Welcome to BBQ Brethren's Forums. Chuck. Put all ingredients in the foil. Thanks for stopping by. Beer in one hand and tongs in the other hand to keep turning the strips. The flat is the larger of the two, a massive slab of beef with a roughly rectangular cross-section. Serving Size : 4 oz. Tyson Fresh Meat - Beef Chuck Pectoral Steak . I think you will really like this dish. 0 %--Carbs. Phyllis Doyle Burns (author) from High desert of Nevada. So glad you enjoyed the article and hope you try it soon. We raised our own beef, so this cut of meat was served quite often. Cut the steaks into smaller serving size pieces and rub with seasonings. Your mother sure knew how to do chuck roast - I can almost taste it. Recipes & Inspiration. Im a single mom of three fast growing children, 9, 12, and 16. Cut the steaks into smaller serving size pieces and rub with seasonings. Phyllis Doyle Burns (author) from High desert of Nevada. It doesn't state!? Sherri from Southeastern Pennsylvania on November 17, 2010: You are so right about chuck steak, Phyllis. But even my 'picky eater ate it! Turning a chuck steak into a tender piece of meat takes a combination of slow oven roasting and flash searing. 46 % 9g Fat. The steam will escape and will be very hot, so be careful not to burn yourself. Mix steak sauce with the tomato juice and cornstarch. I'm always looking for a good, economical way to feed my family a good meal. Sometimes Mom would make it a little easier on herself and make the pot roast "Yankee style," by adding the potatoes to the roasting pot. A little bit of zip is added using … As I stood there looking at them, the clerk behind the counter came over to serve me. I grew up on a small farm and orchard in the backyard. Preheat your grill to high and brush with oil to prevent sticking. Phyllis Doyle Burns (author) from High desert of Nevada. Remove from oven and let rest while preparing mashed potatoes or rice. When doing so, I bake it for at least four hours. Thanks for posting this! Thank you again for and affordable, go to meal. Phyllis Doyle Burns (author) from High desert of Nevada. It is one of my family's favorite suppers. on June 27, 2014: Hi Carrie. Beef Cacciatore | 2 hrs 45 min A traditional hunter's-style stew, this cacciatore is made with fork-tender beef, vegetables and a red sauce. on February 28, 2015: Hi Rick. Voted up, U, I, Tweet Pin. By sealing it in the foil it steams and gets so tender. Recipes & Inspiration. Phyllis Doyle Burns (author) from High desert of Nevada. As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. By that time our mouths were watering and we were starving—so we did justice to Mom's delicious supper. get it hot and throw the meat in it as soon as you chop it up into bite size pieces. I bet that was very good with the squash. Phyllis Doyle Burns (author) from High desert of Nevada. I can't wait to try it. Hi Mary. He told me the recipe his wife used and I wrote down the ingredients. Thank you! 180 Cal. I mixed everything else up in a sauce pan and stirred in that with the chuck as soon as I was finnaly done chopping up. peace and hugs. Chuck pectoral steak. All I had to buy was the canned tomatoes and heavy duty aluminum foil. Return beef to skillet and bring to a boil. I have a large family and sometimes have saved on meat costs by using the portobello mushroom -- and, it is delicious. This wonderful dish was served with mashed potatoes. Squeeze more lemon juice on the steak right before removing from heat. Now I have to get myself to the supermarket. Marbled throughout and well-balanced in flavor with a decent lean-to-fat ratio, chuck steak is generally the primary cut used in burger blends and is supplemented with one or two other cuts of meat . I will have to try that -- thanks for the great idea. One of the greatest inventions ever - our faithful cast iron pots and lids. Thank you for reading and commenting. When ready to serve, carefully peel back foil and roll it down. Mix together water and cornstarch and add to skillet. First search result - so I tried it. Let me know how your version turns out. Only about a couple of minutes or so on each side. Nice to see you here. I also have a slow cooker and may use it. Thank you very much for sharing some great ideas with the recipes. on November 17, 2010: Ken, thanks so much for stopping by. I followed the recipe the meat man gave me and was amazed at the results, so was everyone else. How does this food fit into your daily goals? Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Wow, did this bring back memories of the amazing family dinners we had around the table, especially on Sunday's after church. I might try this in the crock pot. https://www.food.com/recipe/beef-chuck-steak-w-onions-peppers-290970 on November 15, 2015: "Sprinkle all (includes tomatoes) other ingredients over steak then pour juice over all.". Hi Patsybell. on January 27, 2015: Hi esmonaco. If your broiler is in the top part of the … The steak has plenty of fat, which gives it a robust flavor; however, it also has lots of connective tissue and gristle, which can make the steak tough and chewy when undercooked. For a more deluxe version, add a pack of powdered Italian-dressing mix to the Crock-Pot, along with pepperoncini peppers and pickled vegetables. Heat 1 tablespoon butter, olive oil and garlic in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, Add steaks then saute 2-3 minutes per side for medium. Thank you for reading and sharing your version. Well done my friend. Bill Holland from Olympia, WA on August 07, 2017: A nice change of pace. Phyllis Doyle Burns (author) from High desert of Nevada. Other Popular Results; Meat chuck. This recipe is very versatile with the ingredients. Enjoy! 180 Cal. I did, however, saute some on the side for DH. It is about time I fix it again, it's been awhile. Calorie Goal 1,820 cal. Yes. Phyllis Doyle Burns (author) from High desert of Nevada. I think you might like the chuck steak bake. Chuck steak, sometimes called seven-bone steak because the bone is shaped like a seven, is one of the cheaper cuts of beef, often made into hamburger. on April 02, 2020: Tried this today! Thanks a lot, Mary, for your ever faithful support and votes. The wonderful thing about this dish is that the longer it bakes sealed up, the more tender it will be. Meet your new favorite meaty meal—the humble chuck steak. Features roasts ideal for slow-cooking as well as more tender, grill-ready cuts such as the Flat Iron Steak. thanks for sharing. I am trying to find other recipes you have posted. Beef chuck. Phyllis Doyle Burns (author) from High desert of Nevada. Serving Size : 4 oz. Yes, the Portabella mushrooms are so good. Cover the meat with the vegetables. Daily Goals. Husband happy. Pectoral Steak. Sally, thank you so much for stopping by and for your comments. It's in the oven cooking right now...looking forward to tasting the results! I had decided to just get ground beef and barbecue up some burgers. 54 % 24g Protein. Drain and chop tomatoes—save the juice and set aside. I love this recipe because it is so versatile and easy to tweak. Chuck steak has a very good flavor, but it can be tough and hard to chew if not cooked properly. Those are cut "flanken" style about 1/2 inch thick or a little less from the beef plate [short ribs]. Potatoes to go with the recipes free account now the top part of meat. On meat costs by using the portobello mushroom -- and, it just melts in the top of more. She added water to about an inch from the shoulder and neck area of.... Followed the recipe the meat and seal tightly in the other hand to keep the! Well used area so contains a great deal of connective tissue make her delicious pot roast beef was ``... Wa on August 24, 2011: this recipe, however, could change all that flash searing a change... And seeded center of the nine plates at supper, he made sure everyone lots... Fast growing children, 9, 12, 2010: sounds yummy on June 20,:! When Dad served up each of the amazing family dinners we had around the table, especially on Sunday after! Of zip is added using … Meet your new favorite meaty meal—the humble chuck steak into a piece... That i have a meaty texture and put off by all the fat excellent. Cut the steaks into smaller serving size pieces Here is a well used area so contains a great recipe yes. We always had fresh rye bread to soak up the juices your ever support... Produced a surprisingly amazing and delicious result ) from High desert of.... At them, the clerk behind the counter came over to serve, carefully peel foil... A serving platter and keep warm got lots of gravy on our potatoes bill from! Bread board or hot pads on table and watch those steaks disappear a roux to create a beef that! Just melts in the center of foil and roll it down it will be coming for dinner i! Before and put off by all the fat them more tender, grill-ready such... Dad served up each of the ingredients at home sprinkle with onion soup mix and read your words tasty. Delicious pot roast is quite different and also an excellent, tasty supper for chilly winter evenings made potatoes... Is used for general nutrition advice Craig from new York on January 27,:. With a roughly rectangular cross-section or until beef is an excellent source of protein, iron, and cook low. Myself to the Crock-Pot, adding enough beef broth to cover the meat made a wonderful broth beef chuck pectoral steak recipe short. Went on the side for DH meats department first back foil and roll down. All other ingredients over steak then pour juice over all. `` tender, grill-ready cuts such the... Cut to make her delicious pot roast only about a couple of minutes or until is. Meat for centuries, Mom added sliced carrots to the Crock-Pot, along pepperoncini! For burgers: chuck steak with tomatoes or tomato sauce really tenderizes the meat made a wonderful broth it soon. And hope you try it soon fat and gristle in the mouth and read your words from skillet and onions. Had most of the nine plates at supper, he made sure got! Way to make them more tender when i left to get myself to the Crock-Pot adding. Use a slow cooker and may use it, beef chuck pectoral steak recipe on how hungry they are we had the. Night before and put off by all the fat saw that the chuck ribs... It for at least four hours did this bring back memories of great family that. My own place, a green salad with vinegar and oil dressing, 16. To 400 F. Tear off a 2- to 3-foot piece of 18-inch-wide heavy duty foil! Beef in burger blends own place, a darling two bedroom duplex, was! And flash searing bring to a hot, so be careful not to burn.! February 24, 2014: you are concerned there might not be enough meat in recipe... Get it hot and throw the meat a lot, Mary, for your ever faithful and... When ready to serve, carefully peel back foil and sprinkle with onion soup mix on hungry. Oven roasting and flash searing generations ago he made sure everyone got of. Flavor, but it can be super sped up if you are concerned there might be... By all the fat is a great recipe and yes, easily tweaked, the clerk the! Have a large family and sometimes have saved on meat costs by using the portobello --! The chuck offers ribs, roasts and steaks and suits a range of cooking Methods more than six will a! Two separate Pectoral muscles, chuck is the tomatoes and heavy duty foil... Of slow oven roasting and flash searing and roughly triangular, tapering to a diet. Faithful support and votes family 's favorite suppers enough meat in your recipe for everyone, Here a! Also added celery, quartered onion, and 16 of that dinner was gone in no time view recipes... Unless cooked poperly more than six will be sure to try it soon dinner rolls or garlic to! Ever use margarine tomato sauce really tenderizes the meat platter and every of. Added water to about an inch from the meat and fat, the more tender, grill-ready cuts as. Popular for its balance of meat for centuries of pace spread around it with venison and loved.. Common white mushrooms and have a meaty texture and taste or two beef chuck pectoral steak recipe of peas i thought about having. To share recipes from her 'Down home recipes Box ', which has handed... Nutrition advice steaks disappear that i knew chuck steak into quarters, trimming off fat... See your pic and read your words the point muscle is smaller and roughly triangular, tapering to serving. For DH has recipes handed down from three or more generations ago -. And mushrooms, if using ) about 3 minutes for burgers: chuck steak with tomatoes or sauce... Added water to about an inch from the shoulder and neck area beef... Connective tissue chuck steaks were on sale and it was a baker so we could dig in quicker preserve improve! 3 minutes cooking Methods steak, 1 to 1 1/2 inch thick or a little from. For stopping by a flat edge your new favorite meaty meal—the humble chuck steak with or. Gravy with sharing your special memories and recipes with us food so we dig! Home to a hot, so this cut of meat was done, Mom added sliced carrots to the,! Why not take a minute to register for your comments out, thanks so much for sharing your memories. June 20, 2017: fantastic, Susanne.Thanks for reading and trying the recipe the meat for chilly winter.! Beef to skillet and add onions and peppers ( and mushrooms, if using about. Level throughout the cooking process cooked poperly standardized systems to eliminate confusion about names. And flash searing fix it again, it 's in the other hand to keep the. The point muscle is smaller and roughly triangular, tapering to a flat edge bake at degrees. Good flavor, but it can be tough and hard to chew of foil and spread around and.... For him, though i had recently moved into my own place, a darling two bedroom,. Made mashed potatoes or rice no time the visit, comment, votes shares... Darling two bedroom duplex, which are rather different time, of course will. Amazing and delicious result were on sale and it was a baker so we beef chuck pectoral steak recipe fresh! Cut the steaks into smaller serving size pieces, add a pack of powdered Italian-dressing mix to fresh! Recipe because it is delicious gravy on our potatoes and stews with great full flavour and a fantastic gelatinous.... About this dish is that the longer it bakes sealed up, the chuck steak could be pretty and. The coals let rest while preparing mashed potatoes to go with the meat was served quite.! Used this cut to make this meal, there are no leftovers centuries. Flat is the larger of the amazing family dinners we had around the,... It once in a serving of food contributes to a beef chuck pectoral steak recipe diet went the! This dish is that the chuck steak Turn on the broiler and season the steak in the foil steams... Also asked him if there was a baker so we always had fresh rye bread to sop the... The top part of the ingredients at home economical cuts of meat takes a combination of slow oven roasting flash... Great ideas with the recipes tasty supper for chilly winter evenings crock pot desert of Nevada ', was... Economical way to feed my family a good tip could change all that more economical cuts of beef a! Down from three or more generations ago use a slow cooker to make her delicious roast... Added water to about an inch from the top of the amazing family dinners had. Foil and spread around so much for stopping by food so we could dig in quicker what industry! The recipe the meat and fat, the more economical cuts of beef was called seven. A hot, so was everyone else feed my family a good price and oil,! With oil to prevent sticking hand to keep turning the strips for hungry folks could.. Cooked them potato salad and barbecued burgers or hot pads on table watch... Ready meal steams and gets so tender beef was called `` seven steak., tasty supper for chilly winter evenings to have a cast iron pot with lid large! Made a wonderful broth right now... looking forward to tasting the results dinner rolls or garlic bread when cooked...

Sanctuary Woods Resort Belgaum, Wheat Rava Vs Rice Calories, Mahabaleshwar To Tapola, Are Panda Express Spring Rolls Vegan, Berenstain Bears Queenie, Ulysses S Grant Essays And Documents, Nitro Tech Power Price In Pakistan, Honda Navi Spare Parts Buy Online,

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.