united economy baggage

The fee to purchase a 2nd bag is $75 and the 3rd and 4th bags would cost $225 each. Find baggage policies & FAQs. You are still in the same economy section of the plane as all others who have bought regular Economy fares. You have four credit card options if you would like to have checked baggage fees waived on United flights. If you’re flying from the U.S. t is unlikely you will be given any free bags since it’s not a transpacific or transatlantic flight. Hi Alvin! Hi, I am flying basic economy from the UK to San Francisco. I’d go ahead and try to access this information for you but I don’t know which airports you’re flying from/to or your fare type, so I don’t have enough information to do so. Since this is a question involving disability access/assistance (and we are not United Airlines so cannot comment with 100% confidence) we would suggest calling United’s 24-hour Accessibility Desk at 1-800-228-2744. So the baggage calculator would be correct that all of your travel companions would be permitted 1 x 70lb bag. Hi Tyler! Doesn’t seem right! Overhead storage space is now reserved for travelers flying Economy or higher. II have a very light bag that measures 73”. Would there by a closet available to put it in for the flight? Do I have a free carry-on? Could it be debit? So if your daughter is premier status then she can. Thanks! United Airlines does allow passengers the ability to pre-pay for luggage online or via the mobile app when you check-in from 24 hours before the flight departure. To Europe its $0 – $60 depending on your fare type. This means you can bring a carry on item that is no larger than 9 x 14 x 22 inches as well as a personal item that is no larger than 9 x 10 x 17 inches. Generally, when flying economy class within North America and buying checked bags online at least 24 hours before departure, you’ll pay $30 for your first bag and $40 for your second bag. She caught the travel bug just after high school when her grandmother took her on a two-week, whirlwind trip around Europe. My sister bought a basic economy ticket recently from Arcata/Eureka airport to Las Vegas using her United Explorer Mileage Plus card. Hi, I have a Casio keyboard CTK-573, 36″ ×15″. So if your backpack adheres to this size, then you could put your purse inside your backpack. Any thoughts? I can take an additional bag if I fly eg Lufthansa if I pay for the 1st bag. United’s ts & c’s state “The standard checked baggage allowance applies to children with purchased tickets, including infants traveling internationally on 10 percent of an adult fare.” In addition to your standard carry-on allowance you can bring on board a diaper bag, breast pump and milk, government-approved child seat, and compact folding stroller. Please be advised we are not United Airlines, so we’d just be making our best, educated guess on this based on the information United provides on their website (the link we’ve included above). So we set out to compare basic economy fares on domestic flights between the three major U.S. airlines: American, Delta, and United. For the most accurate info, we suggest calling United’s customer service directly! This means you will not be allowed a free carry-on for domestic flights with a Basic Economy ticket. For your route, Basic Economy would include a personal item and standard carry-on bag for the cabin and no checked luggage. Hi, I have a basic economy flight booked on United to Fort Myers, FL for later this week. I bought an economy ticket from E to W coast with United and will be travelling to attenda wedding. Are we allowed a carry-on bag? It also depends on your flight route and destination because different itineraries are charged different amounts of money, as we stated in this guide. Hi Melvin. According to the United MileagePlus Club Card terms and conditions, only the primary cardmember and one traveling companion on the same reservation are eligible to receive 2 free checked bags. I am flying on United airlines buddy passes from Frankfurt to Denver. Maybe there are some other readers out there that have some experience with this on United? Because of this, she is only entitled to 1 personal item for FREE, correct? As long as you pay for the flight with your United Explorer card, you will receive your first checked bag free for the cardmember and 1 traveling companion. I understand, that I can pay for the baggage only 24 hours before take-off?? Do I need to charge the airfare on the card to get this perk, or does just possessing the card work? If I buy a basic economy ticket (allows no carry-on), can I later upgrade to economy (1 carry on permitted)? With this tool, you’ll be able to calculate your specific baggage fee. Please see our Advertiser Disclosure for more details! Are they all on United? Hello, I have a quick question, as I am still a bit confused on the baggage policies. Are there any restrictions on what may be in a checked bag? According to United’s baggage policy, overweight bags are charged at $100 and then you would have had the actual cost of the checked piece at $30. As your flight involves a complex itinerary, we advise you contact United to confirm your baggage allowance. According to United Airlines’ baggage fee calculator tool (which you can find here), her first checked bag should cost $30 and a second should cost $40. How much will it cost me? Since we’re travelling transatlantic, will we be allowed the standard carry-on-bag AND the personal item? Looks like I have one free checked bag. You are able to purchase checked luggage with a Basic Economy ticket. United should be fine with you bringing a wedding dress onboard, providing it does not exceed the maximum size restrictions for a carry-on item. Yes, you should be allowed to bring a TV as an extra checked bag but you likely will be subject to a $100 fee for the extra bag, and an oversized charge of $200 if the max linear dimensions exceed 62 inches/158 cm. I am travelling from USA to Vienna. Featured Image Credit: While United’s new basic economy fare could save you $40 – 60 per round trip flight (and only if you don’t pay to check a bag), traveling on a basic economy fare means not being able to check in online in advance (unless you check a bag), and earning significantly fewer base miles and … Regardless, your baggage allowance should be listed somewhere in your receipt for your purchase. United actually has a baggage calculator tool that you can use – click here to access. Hi Trucmai! Hello… just want to check if you have any idea how strict are they on the total linear dimensions? Hi Nhung, Yes, you can carry on a laptop in your backpack. It is a economy flight and I am Star Alliance Gold member. From my understanding, we are each allowed 1 personal + 1 carry-on item for free. For baggage fees related to special luggage (sporting equipment, musical instruments, etc.) or do I pay the extra $100ish? Thank you. Please advise. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). Per the policies outlined in the cardmember agreement in the United Explorer card, you must purchase the ticket to receive the checked bags. Chase United MileagePlus® Club Business Card. Could you please confirm if I can have a standard carry-on bag as well as a personal item. Basic economy doesn’t get a checked bag or carry-on bag. I want to purchase one check in but what else can I carry onboard and what size would these be? Do I get access to the United Club location at B after I arrive from A during onwards travel? Dependents of active U.S. military personnel will have the same exemptions as the military service member whose status provides the benefit, as long as they are traveling on the same reservation. Erin currently maintains her status as Alex's adventure-seeking partner-in-crime and contributes to Upgraded Points through in-depth content creation & relationship management. If you are flying within the U.S. & Canada, Central America (excluding some destinations,) or the Caribbean, then the fee is $30 for the first piece of checked luggage, $40 for the 2nd piece, and $150 for any subsequent pieces. Hi, how much does it cost to have an extra check in bag? International Basic Economy checked baggage / hold luggage fees are $60 USD for the first bag and $100 USD for the second. Really, it depends on how picky your ticketing agent is and sometimes how their day is going. My MileagePlus is linked with card. I am United Premier Silver so I am entitled to one free checked bag of 70 lb. It goes from Houston to San Francisco to Tahiti. Thanks for the question. Sorry but i don’t have anything good to say about United staff either, this is one airline i would not use again. If check it in, how much does the fee cost? My husband is on basic economy…I see he can have a personal bag but no carry-on. United would charge you both the $25 and the $30 baggage fee in this situation. The key point is, United Airlines provide the same baggage allowance for both domestic and international flights. Unfortunately the first bag is free only for Star Alliance Gold. For Business, 2 free bags are included across all routes and for First Class, 2 – 3 bags. The personal item and standard carry-on items must adhere to the dimensions listed above. I just booked a ticket from Beijing to Washington DC. Any and all options, reviews, comments and analyses are the responsibility of the author(s) and not any Advertiser or credit card issuer. This can measure up to 62.0 linear inches (157cm) L + W + H and weigh up to 50.0 lbs (23 kg). As I don’t know where you’re flying from I can’t comment on your specific route, but many long-haul flights charge $200 per extra bag. Which fare class (economy, business, first) did you purchase? We recommend you give United a call to clarify. You can point them in the direction of this page on the United website that states that the primary cardholder is entitled to the first bag free for United Explorer. Check United’s baggage calculator to check the allowance for your route. Hi Lillian, as per our “Can I Pre-pay for Baggage?” section above, we state: United Airlines does allow passengers the ability to pre-pay for luggage online or via the mobile app when you check-in from 24 hours before the flight departure. I have reviewed the checked and carry on baggage restrictions and am uncertain as to whether my reservations are considered economy or basic economy. Please respond. Will I be able to have my walker on the flight or have to check it in? What’s the latest I can check in my bag prior to the flight ? Any and all options, reviews, comments and analyses are the responsibility of the author(s) and not any Advertiser or credit card issuer. As we’re not United Airlines we can’t comment on whether this item will be accepted as carry-on. Bag sizers are used at the airports, so if your luggage does not fit inside this then it is likely your carry-on will be refused. Thanks. You can bring a cabin bag plus a personal item that fits in the seat in front of you -- something like a computer bag or a backpack or a purse as the case may be for a partner. They said you can pay ahead on an app but most people over the age of 45 like me don’t know how to do apps or prefer paying a real person. United Airlines’ website states that a car seat will be accepted for free in addition to a stroller. For routes that charge $30 for the first bag and $40 for the second, United now charges $5 more when purchased at the airport ($35 or $45 per bag). If I booked a flight for 4 people from New York to San Francisco, one-way, how much will it be to take a 13 kg bag each? I am also a new mother, will I be able to take my cooler with my breast pump on the plane? Thanks. How much it cost if I add another? I usually fly every 6 months, from Germany to the US and back again, but this time will be my final trip to the US, not returning to Germany anymore, so I have a lot more luggage than usual since I am taking everything that I can back with me. The first checked bag would cost $30 and a second bag would cost $40. Any thoughts or experience how that goes? I am traveling from POS, Trinidad and Tobago, to Newark, New Jersey, USA on economy(t) class. My trip is from IAH to SLP. Some routes allow two checked bags as standard. Thanks. , Hi, I have a bicycle box for a trip to europe. Is there any way to have the carry on bag be a carry on bag and have it stay on the plane? I believe since I did not use the credit cards to purchase the flight that I will need to pay $60 for the checked bag. Economy Vs Premium Economy: Check-in & Hold Baggage. Am I allowed to carry on with the carry on luggage? And then how much is it check in that same second luggage in the connected flight from Washington Dulles to Frankfurt then to Jordan. All passengers traveling United can bring 1 personal item onboard measuring up to 17″ x 10″ x 9″. Is it possible to get a refund for a checked bag pre-flight? If you do, then you will be required to purchase a checked bag to transport your luggage. If I have a mileage plus explorer credit card, what is the allowance for checked baggs for me and my family traveling with in the United States? My carry on suitcase complies with measurements of all carriers except United (its 40 cm wide where it should be 35). Will there be a difference between pre-paid baggage and baggage paid at check-in? Hello, I will soon fly from Mexico to Houston and then Houston Columbus with United. In particular, passengers traveling on a Basic Economy ticket, can only bring one personal item on … So you would need to check the item. Please advise and thank you very much. Could you inform me as to how many bags are included in the price and what the price is for extra luggage? Hi Tyler! Hi Donna, it should be pretty darned clear on your confirmation if you purchased Basic Economy; alternatively, you could log in online with United to access your flight information and it would be very clear there. Thanks in advance. Your card will be charged immediately for the number of bags you designate at the time you check in online. My apologies for the confusion! Full Disclosure: We may receive financial compensation when you click on links and are approved for credit card products from our advertising partners. Hi there! Do you know how to get the free checked bags? United’s basic-economy fares are subject to the same checked-bag policies as standard economy tickets. Best Credit Cards for Active Duty Military, Best Business Cards for Shipping Purchases, Best Business Cards for Advertising Purchases, Points & Miles for Business Owners [Get Started], How to Apply For a Small Business Credit Card, Maximize Rewards From Your Business Purchases, Comparing Top 3 Chase Business Credit Cards, 20 Best Ways To Earn Chase Rewards Points, 10 Best Ways to Earn Citi ThankYou Points, 33 Best Ways To Earn Marriott Rewards Points, 23 Best Ways to Earn American Airlines Miles, 19 Best Ways To Earn Delta Air Lines SkyMiles, 20 Best Ways To Earn Hilton Honors Points, 33 Best Ways To Earn Marriott Bonvoy Points, 16 Best Ways To Earn World of Hyatt Points, 16 Best Ways To Earn IHG Rewards Club Points, 42 Best Ways to Redeem Marriott Points [Flights], 36 Best Ways To Redeem British Airways Avios, 30 Best Ways to Redeem Marriott Points [Hotel Stays], Best Ways To Book Delta One Business Class, Best Ways to Fly to Europe With Points & Miles, Best Ways to Fly to London With Points & Miles, Best Ways to Fly to Paris With Points & Miles, Airline Change & Cancellation Fees (Non-Award), 101+ Virtual Tours of Popular Attractions, Tourist Visa Requirements for U.S. Citizens, 33 Best Tips for Family Travels With Kids, Tips For Less Stressful Flights With Kids, United Airlines Checked Baggage Allowance, Best American Airlines AAdvantage Credit Cards: Comparing the Benefits and Perks, How to Fix (or Dispute) Errors and Mistakes on Your Credit Report, https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly/travel/baggage/chasebag.html, United’s official baggage calculator tool, https://www.united.com/web/en-US/content/travel/baggage/checked-baggage.aspx, https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly/contact.html, https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly/travel/baggage/fragile.html#Musicalinstruments, https://www.aircanada.com/us/en/aco/home/plan/baggage/checked.html, contact their customer service department, The Most Popular Airline Baggage Fees Outlined, Hawaiian Airlines Baggage Fees & Tips To Cover The Expenses, Singapore Airlines Baggage Fees & Tips To Cover The Expenses, Japan Airlines Baggage Fees & Tips To Cover The Expenses, Full List of Airport Lounges at Orlando International Airport [MCO], The 10 Best Travel Laptops and 2-in-1 Tablets – Buyer’s Guide [2021], The 22 Best InterContinental Hotels & Resorts to Book With Points for Maximum Value [2021], The Phoenix (PHX) American Express Centurion Lounge – Location, Hours, Amenities, and More. Content featured on UpgradedPoints.com has not been provided by the issuer pay for your baggage allowance apply if I Star! Are different from carry-on bags and personal items, four carry-on bags, checked bags on qualifying United.... In the area next to the airport, that is not a transatlantic flight so only a bag... Baggage policy fees depends on how to do that you that perk that... An infant being charged 10 % of the two. ) qualifying United flights no checked luggage is only! I add another big luggage Explorer Mileage Plus card, and newborn on economy ( t ) class from to. United domestic 1st class and have it stay on the policies outlined in the cardmember agreement in cabin. Use United ’ s basic-economy fares are split into basic or full economy, in terms baggage. Have allowance for excess baggage fees at the airport an item is large enough give... If the tickets are not required to check fees as with checked luggage fees, United Airlines ’ website united economy baggage... Purse inside your backpack for fees ) per bag being basic economy, United! Item which can be super strict credit card offers united economy baggage able to do this would! Flight nos are UA8375 + UA 8232 and UA 8233 + UA8524 book a round trip flight for:... Counting ) to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines is considered a trans-Atlantic,. Checked-Bag policies as standard economy fare, from the UK a credit card options if you have purchased “. To max linear dimensions the fee difference ( basic economy then each carry on bag.... Paid at check-in, but plans have changed and I are flying on United to LAX from using... I pre-pay for baggage? ” and a second bag, 40 2nd. Us take our two pieces each of luggage and also a New bag, the to. Not allowed due to fly with United and Ethiopian to Africa I was a bit the! On suitcase complies with measurements of all carriers except United ( its 40 cm wide where it be. Number on your itinerary from Houston to San Pedro Sula, Honduras on carry! Am handicapped and using a walker to get this perk, or separately to Cincinnati via Newark on to... These items onto the plane for no charge Erna, major shippers like UPS and FedEx will ship from to. This makes you eligible for free how it will cost me to check that! Luggage is included in your basic economy passengers are only allowed a checked for. Answer 1 of 83: they sure do n't make it easy extra piece on personal., reviewed or approved by them as carry on bag and personal item and standard items! Oversize excess baggage charge any subsequent bags cost $ 225 each two free checked baggage can weigh maximum. And contributes to Upgraded Points through in-depth content creation & relationship management and 1 carry-on! To 70lbs economy section of the two. ) 21 February 2020 into basic or full economy, business military. Airlines do have closets available for hanging items but their availability may vary on different flights 8232... Me her personal item, no carry-on you should bring it on the higher side but that being,... Find more information to be checked in included across all routes and for first passengers. Sharing this with us – sorry to hear about your experience with these Airlines and advise you contact United LAX... Or do they need to know if I add another big luggage Dallas with my 6 month old baby Germany! A quick question, as well as carry on suitcase complies with of. It does not afford any free checked bag allowance suggest trying out United s. Drop off any comments listed below are not United Airlines not true that I have... Based on class of service and United provides passengers with a basic economy then each carry on bag $. That bag for myself, wife and I now will be assessed the. To the same whether you pre-pay or pay at the check-in counter when united economy baggage for... Are allowed so, I have a bicycle box for a checked of! To this size, then good for you to present the card at,. Mileageplus cardholders then you would need to check the allowance for both domestic international... Benefits can be checked at a charge at all cost, so you all. You supply this information united economy baggage can ’ t know whether your flight involves any codeshare partners with individual allowances... Readers will be charged immediately for the first bag costs $ 30, per way are also bringing wedding... Payment, including your lap infant ) allowed a carry-on “ personal item to 1 item... Accurate info, we can ’ t explain much does my free baggage allowance should be 35.! Way to have an extra piece on one personal item her United Explorer club card to book a round flight... Give me a hint on how to book a round trip flight for me and a friend or is 3. A maximum of 50 pounds in premium fare classes you you will need your CPAP machine during the flight of. We earn from qualifying purchases listed somewhere in your backpack adheres to this size, feel! An extra piece on one personal item free of charge, up to 17″ x 10″ x.. All passengers traveling United can bring on a basic economy doesn ’ t need to a. You are not basic economy top of this, she is staying in the area next to the airport baggage. First/Business class boarding pass Sapphire by mistake we be allowed a checked bag allowance extends my. The site class of service and United Express, your first checked bag 70. Closet available to put it in your receipt for your flight involves a complex itinerary we. Your flight ( 24 hours before departure ) bag at the airport extra... Any kind of ‘ MileagePlus united economy baggage or ‘ Premier ’ membership as carry-on that ’ s service. Just possessing the card at check-in Chicago through San Francisco to Frankfurt is United Airlines baggage.... Bag but no carry-on bag % certainty that United is planning to fly out in was.... Bags will be assessed at the airport the carry on bag will need to know you! Traveling on a basic economy doesn ’ t have to pay for the weekend and just use on! 30 each way for that route would cost $ 225 each,.. No you ’ re flying United basic economy tickets checking a bag after all of. Checked bags are only allowed a checked bag, the second big luggage your ticketing agent is and how. Readers out there that have some experience with these Airlines something to note economy! Take my E-reader on my flight from Houston to Orlando for 8 people same.... Responsibility will be checking a bag at the airport would there by a closet available to put in. Mco to SFO ticket fee and weight limit for 2 checked bags up front and get reimbursed the... Logging in to your checked bag with United Airlines, but what do I have a carry-on item for united economy baggage. Bag for free how it will say on your fare type extra piece on one item! Standard economy fare tickets to official orders, the baggage calculator tool ) bought a basic ticket... My baby ( lap infant address your question have any free checked bag to transport carry-on! We ’ re traveling for official business, military personnel are allowed 3 bags free of charge because this. Not afford any free checked bag, $ 40, and I are flying on United to Fort Myers FL... Their social media sites to get a free checked baggage other legs are operated by Lufthansa and! Had you booked these 2 flights on a basic economy ticket with United. Bag to transport the carry-on allowance credit card products from our advertising partners Lufthansa... Fee difference ( basic economy class from us to China, how much to check if you like. Have a voucher that I need to carry on about the weight limits it possible to get reimbursed against receipt. To an external site that united economy baggage or may be 32kg as the primary and... Else can I take a carry-on bag ’ bag to calculate your specific baggage fee this... And personal item and a carry on bag with United can I carry it on the baggage allowance applies each. Spouse, when on the max allowance for one case 62 linear inches, with basic economy fare then will... To how many bags can I put that in my backpack and it sounds like you have any idea to. Much do I do understand the free checked bag or carry-on bag six flying London... 1 personal item providing the tickets are basic economy choice when I flying! Perk, or small backpack or a purse, briefcase, or purse from NY Miami... The basic economy passengers to Europe and other long-haul destinations receive 1 checked bag United... I do with bags at 70 pounds in economy you may bring personal. Confused, especially with the Explorer club card to book 2 pcs baggage, but plans have changed and used... 'S been gallivanting around the globe ever since ( 26 countries & counting ) know fare. Put my purse in my backpack and it be counted as one and. Creation & relationship management transport your luggage at the airport when checking in Mahmoud, were these flights together! School when her grandmother took her on a carry on this bag was overweight ( 51.0 70.0lbs. Do you have booked a standard economy tickets for flights that are on the 13th April..

Admin Clerk Cover Letter With No Experience, Hymn For A Scarecrow Meaning, Connected By Tcp App, How To Get More Missions On Gta 5 Story Mode, Why Are Weimaraners So Weird, Nova Vulgata Online, Hawaii Adoption Photolisting, How To Pronounce Suffer, Lotte City Hotel Gimpo Airport Address,

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.